To all the ladies in the place with style and grace!
Oh heyyy First Lady..
So I know that as a woman in society, it can be tough. We are positioned under these glass ceilings and expected to “stay in our place”. Well, I am here to say FU*K THAT! Whether men want to admit it or not, women have POWER.
I think it’s rather offensive that when people refer to women having power, it is usually restricted to our honey pot between our legs, or as I would call it le FlowerBomb. In fact, it contradicts the fact that we have power at all. Sure, many men cannot resist the temptation of the immaculate creation that is WOMAN. But, we have so much more to be praised for. The following is my perception of what five fundamentals of a powerful woman are. Why five? Well, because five is a sexy number, duh.
Let’s go down the list, shall we?
- Self-love - The Numero Uno component every woman should have. If a woman loves herself, she does not need you. Read that again. No need to take offense, consider it mandatory. it is essential for any human walking this Earth to love themselves. Any woman that has taken the time out to love herself naturally is confident in her engagements. She will not make you feel trapped, you would feel privileged to have her. There is a confidence in her aura that screams POWER. It’s in her walk, her talk, and her eyes.
- Ambition - A major part of life is finding your purpose. A woman with goals and dreams, that’s cute. But a woman who is actually chasing those goals and dreams, that’s power. How easy is it to sit down and run your jibs about what you want to do? Too easy. An ambitious woman waits for no one, she makes it happen. Just be warned, ambitious women aren’t ones to play games. Be prepared to bring something of equal or greater value to her table before you sit down. That is to say, do not be one of those
menboys who chat about wanting things in a woman of which you cannot even provide. •sips tea•
- Independence - Miss Independent NEVER goes out of style. It’s all about self-maitenance, folks! The days where women were not adequate enough for jobs are long gone. In this day and age, an unemployed woman is simply not the business. You know that saying, “money is power”? It kinda holds truth. Money equals security and stability in most cases and is quite necessary. A woman who can make her own Benjamins is in control of both her finances and choices. That screams power in my opinion. Do not jump the gun and think chivalry is not needed though, because it is completely necessary. Although the facts are that men still make more money than women in society due to sexism, a woman working for hers is a sight to see. Get it how you live it!
- Obligations - We should all have ‘em! Whether it’s your job, school, children to take care of or bills to pay, obligations are super relevant. Now I am going to be a bit radical and say that females will always feel the pressure of obligations a bit more. To be a wife and mother in a traditional home setting must be exhausting. I’ve played mommy, chef, maid, and teacher amongst other things countless times while babysitting *Hey Jordan and Mason! :)* and I must say it is a full time gig. It is embedded in a woman’s nature to be the nurturer. So while we love to put on our BOSS hats and get busy professionally, there also lies the obligation to keep the family grounded. Kudos to the working moms out there, both single and married! That is not to say males cannot do it too, by all means, let’s trade places sometimes ;) Disclaimer: I am a 21 year old college student without any children lol. Anywho! Obligations, a woman with them is powerful. That woman working for her degree(s), paying those bills, taking care of her child(ren), and/or staying on top of her game- salute her.
- Optimism - Happy people! Now this may sound so far fetched, but I think an optimistic woman is like really important. The fact is, life throws us curve balls daily. There are simply some things in life that we cannot control, and that is perfectly ok. You know those bitter women who may have things going left in life and decide to bash everyone and everything? The truth is, they may have let certain circumstances get the best of them and mustered up toxic energy. Some people are just toxic. A woman in power does not let the unfortunate events of life get her down. She gets back up, adjusts her crown, and moves forward. That is the kind of woman that can find the positive in any situation, you need that. We’re all human and are entitled to our feelings, but emotions are a state of mind. With that said, a woman who can see the good is beneficial to herself and others- powerful.
The fact of the matter is women are not only powerful because of their honey pots, we have so much more to offer. Don’t be that guy who walks around thinking women are only good for one thing. We’re not. And don’t be that woman walking around thinking your goods run the world. They don’t.
Respect yourself. Respect women.